One of the sweetest squash varieties available. Cylindrical-shaped fruits have a pale tan skin with green stripes which fade once the fruit has ripened. Orange flesh. Fruits average 15-20cm (6-8in) in length and 500-600g (1-1¬ºlbs) in weight. Bake in the skin, which is edible when cooked, or cut the rich orange flesh into chunks for roasting. Peel if steaming for mash.
Sow seed 2cm (¬æin) deep in 7.5cm (3in) pots of good seed compost at 21-25¬∞C (70-77¬∞F). Place in a propagator or seal container in a polythene bag until after germination. Can also be sown direct outdoors once the soil has warmed. Do not sow in cold soils. Sow 2 seeds every 1.2m (4ft) and thin out to the best seedling. Ideally grow under cloches until the plant is established.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for a few days before planting out 1.2m (4ft) apart each way after all risk of frost has passed. Keep well watered throughout the season. Feed and mulch regularly.A-Z - VVegetableApril to June5seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.