Thompson & Morgan Squash Honeyboat
One of the sweetest squash varieties available. Cylindrical-shaped fruits have a pale tan skin with green stripes which fade once the fruit has ripened. Orange flesh. Fruits average 15-20cm (6-8in) in length and 500-600g (1-1¬ºlbs) in weight. Bake in the skin, which is edible when cooked, or cut the rich orange flesh into chunks for roasting. Peel if steaming for mash.
Sow seed 2cm (in) deep in 7.5cm (3in) pots of good seed compost at 21-25°C (70-77°F). Place in a propagator or seal container in a polythene bag until after germination. Can also be sown direct outdoors once the soil has warmed. Do not sow in cold soils. Sow 2 seeds every 1.2m (4ft) and thin out to the best seedling. Ideally grow under cloches until the plant is established.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for a few days before planting out 1.2m (4ft) apart each way after all risk of frost has passed. Keep well watered throughout the season. Feed and mulch regularly.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: April to June
- No of Seeds: 5
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.