Thompson & Morgan Squash Waltham Butternut (winter) (Organic)
An autumn variety that produces excellent squashes with a typical butternut shape. Fruits store well over the winter months.
Sow mid April to June, 25mm (¬Ωin) deep in pots or trays of moist seed compost and germinate at 20°C (68F) for up to 7 days. Sow seeds on edge for reliable germination. Alternatively, sow outdoors in rich soil in full sun from mid-May through June, 25mm (¬Ωin) deep at 1.5m (5ft) spacing.
Pot on individual seedlings into small pots of compost, keep barely moist to prevent stems from rotting and protect from strong sunlight with a sheet of newspaper. Plant out at 1.5m (5ft) between plants each way once frost risk has passed. Water and mulch regularly.
Harvest and store fruits before heavy frosts.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: Organic
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to October
- No of Seeds: 6
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.