Thompson & Morgan Sunflower Van Gogh
A fabulous selection of the very best new sunflower varieties providing a wonderful mix of colours and sizes. Plant in borders or in containers for a mid-to-late summer display that will last into autumn. Highly recommended.
Sow thinly, 12mm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart in well cultivated soil raked to a fine tilth. Germination usually takes around 21 days.
When large enough to handle, thin seedlings to 30cm (12in) apart. Alternatively, you can sow indoors in later winter/early spring for earlier flowering. Sow individually into 7.5cm (3in) pots at 20-25C (68-77F). When well grown, gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions before planting out after all risk of frost.
The green buds before the flower opens are delicious cooked in butter sauce and the seeds make a tasty snack. Write to us to receive a free leaflet with recipes for a wide range of edible flowers.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: July to October
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 20
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.