Thompson & Morgan Swede Magres
Excellent coloured and shaped, purple topped roots with fine grained, good flavoured, yellow flesh, free from bitterness. Swede Magres is an excellent culinary Swede, fully winter hardy, with mildew resistant foliage.
Sowing Time: April to June. Sow seeds thinly, 1cm (1/2in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart in well-drained, fertile soil, which has been raked to a fine tilth. Water ground regularly, especially in dry periods.
Thin out seedlings at an early stage, to 1-15cm (4-6in) apart.
Hoe regularly, taking care not to damage the roots and keep well watered. They are hardy and can be pulled as required from autumn to Christmas. After this lift and store in a pit like carrots or in boxes of damp sand. The young leaves also make tasty and nutritious spring greens.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to December
- No of Seeds: 1000
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.