Thompson & Morgan Sweet Corn Swift
Tendersweet. Superior in both taste and texture, Sweetcorn Extra Tender & Sweet F1 is quicker to germinate and has better vigour than other varieties. Produces 2-3, 18cm (7½in) cobs per plant, each with 16-18 rows of bright yellow tender sweet kernels. Flavour guide: rich and sugar-sweet. Sweetcorn Extra Tender & Sweet F1 has long lasting flavour and is easy to grow. Isolation from other sweetcorn varieties not required.
Sow seeds April to May. Germinate at 20-30C (68-86F) on the surface of a good free draining, damp seed compost in 7.5cm (3in) pots. Cover seeds with a layer of compost or vermiculite, 1cm (½in) deep. Place in a propagator or seal container in a polythene bag until after germination which takes 6-10 days.
Plant out after all risk of frost 45cm (18in) apart in blocks to aid pollination. Once the cobs start to form, water regularly. Cobs are ripe when the liquid of the grains is thin and creamy.
Requires a fertile soil in a sunny position.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August, September
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.