Thompson & Morgan Sweet Pea Night & DayAsk a Question
A highly contrasting mixture of deepest burgundy and pure-white blooms, all delicately scented. Vigorous plants produce a plentiful supply of long flower stems, ideal for cutting. Climbing to 180cm (6ft).
Soak seeds overnight in warm water before sowing, 1cm (½in) deep, 3 seeds per 7.5cm (3in) pot, in free draining, damp seed compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 20-25C (68-77F) until after germination which takes 7-21 days. Do not exclude light. Spring sowings can be sown outdoors, 2.5cm (1in) deep, in drills 7.5cm (3in) apart.
Over-winter October sown plants in cooler conditions such as a coldframe before planting out in spring when the ground has warmed, 23-3cm (9-12in) apart.
Pinch out growing point once the second pair of leaves has opened. Water freely in dry weather and apply well rotted manure occasionally. Remove faded flowers regularly to encourage more blooms.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 20
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.