Thompson & Morgan Sweet Pea Winston Churchill
A very striking and attractive red sweet pea, with both intoxicating fragrance and strong stems of good length. Climber, superb for arches, trellis, obelisques, etc. Good cut flower variety. 20p donation to the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust for every packet sold.
Sow October indoors, or March to april outdoors. Germinate at 20-30C (68-86F) on the surface of a free draining, damp seed compost, 3 seeds per 7.5cm (3in) pot. Apply a layer of compost 1cm (¬Ωin) deep. Place in a propagator or seal container in a polythene bag until after germination which takes 10-21 days. Spring sowings can be sown outdoors, 2.5cm (1 in) deep in drills 7.5cm (3in) apart.
Overwinter October sown plants in cooler conditions such as a coldframe before planting out in spring when the ground has warmed, 23-3cm (9-12in) apart. Pinch out the growing point once the first or second pair of leaves has opened. Water freely during
Regular removal of spent flowers will encourage further blooms.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: Early Summer
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 22
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.