Thompson & Morgan Sweetcorn Early Xtra Sweet F1 Hybrid
At harvest time Sweetcorn Early Xtra Sweet is twice as sweet as other varieties. Instead of the sweetness and flavour deteriorating as in other sweet normal varieties, Sweetcorn Early Xtra Sweet has a rich sugary flavour and is easy to grow. To ensure maximum sweetness do not grow near ordinary varieties.
Sow seeds mid spring. Requires a fertile soil in a sunny position. Germinate at 20-30C (68-86F) on the surface of a good free draining, damp seed compost in 7.5cm (3in) pots. Apply a layer of compost or vermiculite, 1cm (½in) deep. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag until after germination which usually takes 6-10 days.
Plant out after all risk of frost 45cm (18in) apart in blocks to aid pollination.
Once the cobs start to form. water regularly. Cobs are ripe when the liquid of the grains is thin and creamy.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to October
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.