Thompson & Morgan Swiss Chard Lucullus
A much more prolific form, Swiss Chard Lucullus produces an abundance of large, tasty leaves and wide, white mid-ribs. Cook the succulent mid-rib like asparagus and serve with melted butter. Easier, and some consider tastier, than spinach. If the plants of Swiss Chard Lucullus are left to flower, the flower stalks can be cooked and eaten like sprouting broccoli. Cropping from mid-summer to late autumn. After a normal winter, it will re-emerge to give an unbelievably early spring crop.
Sow seeds in spring for a summer/autumn crop, mid to late summer for an autumn/spring crop. Sow seeds very thinly in ordinary garden soil in drills 3cm (1in) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart.
As the seedlings grow, gradually thin out to 22cm (9in) apart. The thinnings can be trimmed of their roots and cooked.
Water freely through the season and harvest by picking a few leaves, snapping them off near the base of the plant, from several plants rather than completely stripping one.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.