Thompson & Morgan Tomato Sugar Gloss F1Ask a Question
A new cordon variety with high yielding trusses of large super-sweet cherry tomatoes. Each glossy red fruit weighs up to 25g for serious burst in the mouth sweetness. The long elegant trusses have high visual appeal and look stunning when served on the vine. Yields are improved under glass but can be grown outside in a sunny spot.
Sow seeds on the surface of a good, free-draining, damp, seed sowing mix and cover with a fine sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Place seed trays in a propagator at a constant temperature of around 15-20°C (59-68°F) until after germination. When seedlings gain 2 true leaves, transplant into individual 7.5cm (3in) pots of compost and grow on at a minimum temperature of 15°C (59°F). When growing in a heated glasshouse tomato plants may be transplanted at the end of May or when the first flowers are showing, if earlier. Allow 3 plants per grow bag, or one per 25cm (10in) pot, or plant tomatoes directly into the greenhouse soil.
When growing tomatoes outdoors, wait until all risk of frost has passed before transplanting tomatoes. Choose a sheltered position in full sun on fertile, reliably moist, well drained soil, and transplant at a distance of 60cm (24in) apart. Drive a (5ft) cane into the soil adjacent to each plant to support them as they grow, and tie each main stem to its support with soft garden twine.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Cordon
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June, July, August, September
- No of Seeds: 10
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.