Thompson & Morgan Wildflower Teasel
Tall, striking, thistle-like plants with serrated leaves and large spiny flower heads. A valuable source of nectar for bees and butterflies, as well as attracting many seed-eating birds to your garden or wild flower meadow. Makes attractive, dried, cut flowers.
Sow February to June onto the surface of a good, free-draining, damp, seed compost. Cover with a very fine sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Place sown container in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag at a temperature of 15-20C (59-68F) until after germination which usually takes 1-3 months. Do not exclude light as this helps germination.
Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle into trays or 7.5cm (3in) pots. Gradually acclimatise young plants to cooler conditions for a few weeks before planting out after all risk of frost, 3-45cm (12-18in) apart.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: Produces teasels in autumn
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.