Protector - Water Based Timber Treatment (1 litre)
Free UK and All-Ireland delivery when you spend £100. Prices include local rate VAT for UK & EU countries. Delivery within 3 business days.
Alexander Rose Protector - Water Based Timber Treatment (1 litre) is suitable for use on furniture from the Roble collection.
Alexander Rose Manufactures garden furniture which will last for many years. Over time, as part of the natural weathering process, cracks and splits will appear in the wood, particularly on the end grain and to a lesser extent on the surface. The drier the wood, the more cracks will appear due to the evaporation of natural oils and minerals in the wood from exposure to the elements. As with most hardwoods, this is a normal characteristic for any timber which remains outdoors.
Alexander Rose's timber furniture is designed with this in mind and its strength and durability will remain unaffected. Wooden furniture can be treated with our specially formulated care products to give a beautiful rich finish and enhance the look of the wood. Alternatively it can be left to turn a mellow silver/grey, and should be cleaned occasionally with soapy water.
Mid Ulster is one of Alexander Rose's largest retailers in Ireland sharing the ethos of quality and service to our Customers. The Mid Ulster Team understand the full range of Alexander Rose garden furniture and can provide sound advice on any questions you may have.
Suitable to use with the following Alexander Rose Collections
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Why it is better than hardwood-oil / sealer
- It maintains the light-brown colour of teak/roble for a longer time:
- Up to 4 times longer than teak-oil
- Up to twice as long as teak sealers
- It's environment-friendly because it is 100% water-based; no toxic fumes; non flammable; EcoSafe.
- It is fast and easy to apply
- It's not an oil, it is not greasy: clothes stay clean.
- It is resistant to mould and prevents black spots on the teak/roble.
Instructions and warning advice on the label...
- Before using the cleaner, eye protection and rubber gloves should be worn. Cover the ground under your working area before cleaning.
- New teak: first clean with our Teak Cleaner to remove some of the natural teak oils (or weather outside for 2 weeks before treatment.)
- Grey teak or teak treated with teak-oil must first be cleaned with Alexander Rose cleaner.
- If cleaned wood feels rough, sand lightly before treating with protector. Make sure the teak/roble is 100% dry and free of dust.
- Shake and stir protector for a minute before use. Insufficient shaking can lead to uneven weathering.
- We suggest you try the protector on a small area first (e.g. the back of a leg) to jusge if the colour meets your expectations.
- Apply a very thin layer of protector evenly over the furniture with a dust free cloth. Apply a second very thin coat after 30mins drying time.
- It is recommended that you treat your teak/roble furniture with protector at least once every year.
Warning advice - please see label.