Distinctive orange-gold skinned roots with gold flesh which does not 'bleed' so are easy to prepare in the kitchen. A culinary delight, just wash young roots, peel skins of larger roots, for a delicious sweet taste grated or sliced in salads, or as a cooked vegetable. Stems and leaves of younger roots are delicious raw, steam or stir fried as an alternative to chard and spinach. A no waste vegetable.
Sow thinly outdoors, 13mm (1/2in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Sow at 2-3 week intervals until mid-summer.
Thin seedlings as necessary, to 2.5cm (1in) apart for 'baby beets' or slightly wider spacing for larger roots. Keep well watered for most tender roots and to avoid bolting (running to seed).A-Z - VVegetableHardyAnnualJune to September200seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.