Thompson & Morgan Beetroot Detroit 2 Crimson Globe
An improved Detroit with rich maroon colouring. Beetroot Detroit 2 Crimson Globe produces globe-shaped beet which are ideal for successional sowing.
Sow seeds from spring to early summer very thinly in drills 3cm (1in) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart.
When the seedlings are large enough to handle thin them out gradually to 1cm (4in) apart. The later thinnings will be large enough to use in a salad. Pull the beetroot when the roots are 1¬Ωin in diameter or larger.
The smaller the root the better the quality. In mid autumn lift the remaining roots twist off the tops and use or store in a clamp as you would potatoes.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to October
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.