Thompson & Morgan Broad Bean Bunyards Exhibition
A gardener's favourite for over 100 years for its reliable performance and heavy crop of long pods in most soils. The pods contain an average of 6 beans, with some up to 8 seeded. Broad Bean Bunyards Exhibition has a very good flavour and excellent for freezing. Prefers well-drained, moist, rich soil.
Sow seeds February under cloches, or March-April outdoors. Ideally sown in double rows 5cm (2in) deep and 20-23cm (8-9in) apart in the row, with 20-23cm (8-9in) between each row. Allow at least 60cm (24in) between each double row. Germination takes about 10 days.
Support the plants as they grow by placing a cane or stout stick at each corner and tying in with string, especially in windy gardens. Keep well watered particularly when flowers are setting. Pinch out growing tip when first flowers set pods to deter b
Pick regularly once pods are full to promote further pod production.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to August
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.