Thompson & Morgan Cabbage (Spring) April
It has one very big advantage over most other cabbages suitable for autumn sowing. Cabbage April can withstand the bolting tendency (running to seed with resulting complete loss of crop) which often plagues autumn sown cabbage and it can also be sown very close together 38cm (15in) apart 25cm (10in) between rows. Ideal where space is at a premium.
Sow seeds outdoors in a well prepared seed bed in spring for autumn cabbages or summer for spring cabbages. Sow seeds thinly 12mm (¬Ωin) deep in rows 23cm (9in) apart. If the soil is dry, water well and allow to drain before sowing.
Transplant at the 5-6 leaf stage allowing a minimum of 25x38cm (1x15in) between plants. The soil should be firm and contain plenty of well rotted compost etc, preferably from a previous crop, it should also be well limed. Just before planting, rake in
Hoe occasionally and water if the weather is dry. Spring sowings mature in autumn and a summer sowing in early spring as 'spring greens', and spring as mature cabbages.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: April to May
- No of Seeds: 300
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.