Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Spring Hero
The first introduction of 'semi round' ballhead spring Cabbage. Cabbage Spring Hero has good frost hardiness and forms solid heads from late April through to May which remain solid over several weeks. Can also be sown in spring for summer maturity.
Sow seeds in August. Sow seeds thinly, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 23cm (9in) apart in soil raked to a fine tilth and which contains plenty of compost or manure. It may also be beneficial to rake in 100g/sq.m (3oz/sq yd) of a balanced fertiliser.
Transplant when seedlings are large enough to handle, about 5 weeks from sowing, spacing by 3-38cm (12-15in) each way or at 1cm (4in) apart for 'spring greens'.
Water regularly, especially in dry periods. Hoe between plants as required. To avoid danger of clubroot, grow your brassicas (cabbages, sprouts, cauliflowers, etc) on a different site each year.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: April to May
- No of Seeds: 35
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.