Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Tantour F1 HybridAsk a Question
With a compact habit, this British-bred variety produces solid, well-filled heads with a short core, averaging 500g. This crunchy sweet-tasting cabbage has dark green outer leaves with bright green pointed heads. Use for ‘full heart’ cabbages or planted closer together for ‘greens’.
Sow in individual pots or a seed tray of good seed compost and cover with 6mm (¼in) of compost or vermiculite. Maintain at a temperature of 15°C (60°F) until germination which will take around 5-7 days. Alternatively, seeds can be sown thinly, 12mm (½in) deep, in a prepared seedbed.
Transplant when large enough to handle, about 5 weeks from sowing, leaving 50cm (20in) between plants in each direction. Plant firmly and keep well watered until established. Can also be planted at 25cm (10in) spacings each way for ‘semi-hearted greens’. Use fleece to protect against caterpillars and aphids as necessary and use net during the winter to protect against pigeons.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to November
- No of Seeds: 45
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.