Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Winter Jewel F1 HybridAsk a Question
Outstanding introduction for over-winter production of evenly sized, smooth, dark leaved greens. Very slow to heart, eventually forming compact 250g (8oz) loose heads. Superb winter hardiness and has excellent flavour and bolting resistance.
Sow directly during August. Sow seed thinly, 1cm (½in) deep in drills 45cm (18in) apart in soil raked to a fine tilth and which contains plenty of compost or manure. It may be beneficial to rake in 100g/sq.m (3oz/sq.yd) of a balanced fertiliser.
Thin or transplant during September when seedlings are large enough to handle, spacing 15-17cm (6-7in) between plants in the row. Water regularly, especially in dry periods. Protect plants with fine netting against caterpillar, aphid and pigeons.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: January, February, March, April
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.