Thompson & Morgan Campanula pyramidalis Mixed
One of the most striking perennials for the border or patio containers. Giant, slender spikes of blooms reach skywards, in shades of blue and white. Plant in containers either side of your front door for a colourful box or bay tree substitute!
Place seed on the surface of a good, free-draining compost and cover seed with a sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 15-20C (59-68F) until after germination which can take 1-3 months. Do not exclude light, as this helps germination. Can also be sown outdoors where they are to flower, 1.5mm (1/16in) deep, in rows 30cm (12in) apart. Later thin out to 30cm (12in) apart.
Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle into pots. Grow on in cooler conditions for 1-15 days before planting out after risk of frost, 3cm (12in) apart. Plants will flower the following year.
Overwinter in a coldframe and move to a greenhouse in February. Grow on at 7-1C (45-5F).
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 300
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.