Thompson & Morgan Celeriac Monarch
An autumn/early winter vegetable. Celeriac Monarch is an excellent, high quality variety which has very smooth, easily washable, creamy coloured roots. Easier to grow than celery and can be grated raw over salads, cut into slices and boiled, or into strips which are fried. T&M's illustration shows Celeriac cubed and served with a walnut butter. An exciting dish which you too can create by using the FREE recipe, sent with each packet.
Sow seeds from February to April 3mm (1/8in) deep in a good seed compost. Germination takes 21-25 days at 20-25C (70-75F). Sealing in a polythene bag after sowing is helpful. Lower the temperature after germination.
When large enough to handle, transplant the seedlings 4cm (1¬Ωin) apart into boxes. Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions and plant out in June 3-35cm (12-15in) apart in full sun and well drained soil.
Keep well watered especially in dry spells. Hoe regularly and remove any side shoots which may form. Harvest the roots in October-November. In late November lift any remaining and store in damp sand in a cool dry place for winter use.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to December
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.