Thompson & Morgan Chinese Lanterns (Physalis gigantea)
Huge scarlet lanterns' which are magnificently attractive in the garden and then can be cut and dried to be used all through the winter to decorate naturally, your house. Easy, thriving in almost any soil, sun or shade. Lanterns late summer.
Sow in spring at 20C (70F) in a good seed compost. Sow seed on surface of compost and gently firm down compost. Keep soil damp but not wet. Sealingina polythene bag after sowing is helpful. Do not exclude light which is beneficial to germination. Germination usually takes 21-30 days.
When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant and grow on in cooler conditions. Plant out in a reserve border and move to their final positions in autumn planting 6cm (24in) apart in ordinary well drained soil and sun.
To dry, cut the stems when the lanterns start to show colour and hang upside down in a light airy shed.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: Late Summer
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 110
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.