A bushy herb, Lemon Balm resembles mint in appearance, with a strong lemon scent when rubbed. The leaves make a calming balm tea. Height to 50cm (20in) but can be trimmed.
Can be invasive. Best grown in a pot/container.
Sow seeds March to May. Place seeds on the surface of seed compost and cover with a sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and keep at 20-25C (68-77F) until after germination which takes up to 21 days. Keep compost on the dry side at all times. Do not exclude light.
Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle into trays or pots. Grow on in cooler conditions for a few days before planting out after all risk of frost, 3cm (12in) apart.
Apply a mulch of compost for added winter protection.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to October
- No of Seeds: 500
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.