Thompson & Morgan Herb Oregano
A hardy perennial herb, Oregano has sweet smelling, aromatic foliage which can be used fresh or dry for flavouring moussaka, stews, sausages, omelettes', stuffings, pizzas and all Italian dishes. Try it sprinkling Oregano on lamb or pork before cooking. The flowers produced in summer and autumn can also be used for flavouring after they have been gently dried. Flowers summer. Height 30-45cm (12-18in) Companion Plant: Plant Oregano among Broccoli to repel the Cabbage Butterfly.
Sow seeds from late winter to early summer 1.5mm (1/16in) deep in good, free draining seed compost. Make sure it is moist but not wet and seal in a polythene bag until after germination which usually takes 14-21 days at 16-18C (60-65F).
Transplant when large enough to handle into 7.5cm (3in) pots. Later plant out 3cm (12in) apart into ordinary well drained soil in full sun.
A little winter protection of a layer of peat of leaf mould is helpful in cold areas.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to August
- No of Seeds: 1500
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.