Thompson & Morgan Kale KX-1
Visually stunning and very versatile kale variety which can be enjoyed when young as baby leaves or left to mature to produce distinctive wine red, curled-edged larger leaves. The high iron content of the leaves can be digested even when eaten raw - unlike spinach. Delicious and nutritious whether eaten cooked or raw.
Sow very thinly 13mm (¬Ωin) deep in pots of multipurpose compost on the windowsill, larger containers on the patio, or sow in drills 23cm (9in) apart in the garden.
Thin to 7cm (3in) for ‚baby leaf‚, to 20cm (8in) for larger plants and to 38cm (15in) for fully mature plants. Transplant module raised plants to 38cm (15in) apart. For ‚baby leaf‚ sow October to February under glass or March to September outdoors for all year harvest. For mature plants, sow April to June outdoors for harvest July to November. Keep well watered throughout the growing period to avoid bolting and flavour loss, especially during summer.
Delicious added to salads, stir fries or steamed.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: All year round
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.