Thompson & Morgan Leek Bulgaarse Reuzen - Lincoln
An excellent pale green leaved variety for gardeners and cooks who want long, slender, bulb free stems for summer and early autumn dishes. Tall plants which will benefit from additional ‚earthing up‚, can be ready for harvesting mid-July to October before Leek rust strikes. Not a winter hardy variety.
Sow thinly, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart in soil which has been raked to a fine tilth.
Carefully lift when plants are large enough to handle and transplant to 23-25cm (9-10in) apart in the row and 45cm (18in) between rows, using a trowel or dibber, and water in. Keep watered during dry weather. Earth up the stems during the growing season to increase the length of blanched stem.
Delicious baked in a rich cheese sauce. Has the benefit of a green vegetable and a mild onion. High in folic acid, potassium, pro-vitamin A and vitamin C. Contains beneficial sulphur compounds as well as a potent antioxidant called quercetin.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: Mid-July to October
- No of Seeds: 75
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.