Thompson & Morgan Lettuce Antartica
Extend your lettuce harvesting season with this outstanding ‚iceberg type‚ variety. Resistance to tipburn, bolting and downy mildew means that Antartica stands well in good condition. The dense hearts, with plenty of crunchy flavour, are ideal for summer salads.
Sow thinly at regular intervals, 12mm deep in drills 38cm (15in) apart.
Thin seedlings to 30cm (12in) apart when large enough to handle. Water well during dry periods.
Water lettuce frequently and hoe between plants regularly to prevent weeds from establishing. Dry weather may cause heads of lettuce plants to bolt so watering is particularly critical during the 2 weeks before harvesting. A thick mulch applied around the plants will help to retain moisture in the soil. Harvest lettuce when required by pulling up the entire plant before trimming off the stem with a knife.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June, July, August, September, October
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.