Thompson & Morgan Mangetout Golden Sweet
A tall growing variety with red leaf nodes and lovely mauve flowers followed by deliciously sweet pale golden-yellow, crisp pods. Best picked regularly before the peas swell in the pods, ideal steamed whole or added to stir fries. Mangetout Golden Sweet grows to 210cm (7ft) so needs support.
Sow seeds March to June, every 10 days to ensure successional crops. Sow seeds 5cm (2in) apart, 5cm (2in) deep and in rows 75cm (30in) apart.
Plants are tall growing and needs support using pea & bean netting or canes.
Water plants regularly, especially when in flower as this will improve the crop. Start picking pods just as the peas inside start to form, regular picking will encourage further cropping and improve the flavour.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June, July, August, September
- No of Seeds: 75
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.