British breeding of the first purple Mangetout. The purple colour is rich in healthy anthocyanin (antioxidant) pigment. Attractive bicoloured flowers form stunning flat, purple Mangetouts to eat raw and stir fry. Can also be steamed although colour will fade, or boiled when colour turns dark green. As with all Mangetouts they are best harvested and eaten young just as the ‚Äòpeas‚Äô start to show. Powdery mildew resistant and tolerant to downy mildew to help extend the sowing season to early July.
Sow every 10 days to ensure successional crops. Sow seed 5cm (2in) apart, 5cm (2in) deep and in rows 75cm (30in) apart.
Water plants regularly, especially when in flower as this will improve the crop. Start picking pods just as the peas inside start to form, regular picking will encourage further cropping and improve the flavour.P&BVegetableHardyAnnualJune to October100seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.