Thompson & Morgan Onion Hi-Keeper
The best bulb variety to sow outdoors in autumn for overwintering, Onion Hi Keeper produces quality bulbs, 120g (4oz) in weight. Ideal for the exhibitor as well as the kitchen. Good winter hardiness. Onion Hi Keeper can also be spring sown, producing quality bulbs. Prefers rich, moist soil in an open situation.
Sow seeds September outdoors or March-April for spring sowings. Sow seeds thinly in a good, well prepared, free draining soil 1cm (¬Ωin) deep. For autumn sowings do not thin until the following spring.
Thin seedlings to 1cm (4in) apart, using the thinnings in salads. Keep bulbs well fed and watered throughout the growing season. When the leaves start to yellow and fall over, gently fork up the bulbs and leave on the soil surface to ripen.
Store dry, sound bulbs in onion nets, used tights or tied in strings in a cool, frost-free, airy place.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August, September
- No of Seeds: 80
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.