Thompson & Morgan Pea Alderman
This well-known, heavy-cropping heritage pea variety is one of the most popular tall varieties - plants can grow to 1.8m (6ft), so support is essential. The large, dark green, slightly curved pods open to reveal on average 9-11 super tasty peas. Keep plants well watered to prolong the picking season. Maincrop maturity.
Sow March to June every 10 days for successional cropping. Sow 4cm (1¬Ωin) deep in flat-bottomed drills, spacing the seeds about 2.5-5cm (1-2in) apart, and in rows 150cm (60in) apart.
When plants are 10cm (4in) tall, erect strong supports at each end of the row and attach pea netting or chicken wire. The pods will be ready to harvest about 12-13 weeks from sowing. Pick regularly for higher yields and to extend the picking season.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to September
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.