Thompson & Morgan Pea Meteor
Round (First Early) Pea Meteor has a neat, dwarf habit producing an abundance of small but well-filled pods. Very good winter hardiness, even in exposed areas as a an autumn variety. Pea Meteor is better flavoured than the old variety Feltham First and ideal for that first dish of the season.
Ideal autumn sown for over-wintering but can be spring sown. Sow seeds late October-November, or sow in March. Sow seeds 5cm (2in) deep in flat bottomed drills spacing seeds about 2.5-5cm (1-2in) apart in rows about 60cm (2ft) apart.
When plants are about 1cm (4in) tall provide twiggy sticks or netting for support. Over-wintered sowings will be ready in May for the first dish of the season. From spring sowings the seed will be ready to harvest around 12 weeks from sowing, and regul
Net against pigeons, which can be a problem in many areas, and cover with muslin just before flowering to avoid attack by pea moth. Prefers well drained, moist, rich soil in an open situation and fully winter hardy if not grown in waterlogged soils. Harvest from May.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to July
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.