Thompson & Morgan Runner Bean BenchmasterAsk a Question
British-bred, top-quality runner bean producing pods of over 40cm (16in) in length. Abundant crops of pods hang in clusters and are fleshy, but slender, smooth and straight. For exhibition, thin to one pod per flower stem for increased length. Attractive red flowers.
Sow mid to late April indoors for transplanting or May to early July outdoors. Sow seed 5cm (2in) deep in 7.5cm (3in) pots or trays of good, free-draining seed compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and keep at 18-20C (64-68F) until after germination which takes 7-10 days.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 7-1 days before planting out after risk of frost, against canes or netting.
Hoe regularly and keep well watered. Mulch during dry periods and give a liquid fertiliser every 2 weeks.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to October
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.