Thompson & Morgan Runner Bean Prizewinner
A traditional, popular and reliable variety producing an abundant crop of 30cm (12in) straight, slender pods over a long season if picked regularly. Red flowered.
Sow seed, 5cm (2in) deep in 7.5cm (3in) pots or trays of good, free-draining, seed compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and keep at 18-20C (64-68F) until after germination which takes 7-10 days.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 7-10 days before planting out after risk of frost, against canes or netting. Hoe regularly and keep well watered. Mulch during dry periods and give a liquid fertiliser every 2 weeks. Can also be sown direct outdoors once the soil has warmed, sow 15cm (6in) apart, 5cm (2in) deep and in rows 45cm (18in) apart.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to October
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.