Thompson & Morgan Runner Bean Snowstorm
A tasty self setting variety, Runner Bean ‘Snowstorm’ is the white flowered counterpart of ‘Firestorm’, showing a higher percentage of ‘self setting’ and a longer pod than ‘Moonlight’. Masses of pure white flowers, this will look just at home in the flower border as well as the vegetable plot.
Indoors, sow seed at a depth of 5cm (2in) in 7.5cm (3in) pots or trays of free-draining, seed sowing compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag at a temperature of 18-20C (64-68F) until germination which takes 7-10 days. Alternatively direct sow runner beans outdoors at a depth of 5cm (2in) and a distance of 30cm (12in) apart. Plant runner beans in rows that are 1.5m (5ft) apart, or where space is limited, grow beans onto a wigwam structure. Runner beans require support from garden canes, strings or netting which should be put in place at the time of planting.
Once germinated, grow runner beans on in cooler conditions until all risk of frost has passed and runner bean plants are large enough to be transplanted. Gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over a few days before planting outdoors in rich fertile, well drained soil in full sun or semi shade with protection from strong winds. Avoid freshly manured soil which will promote lush foliage instead of beans.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: AGM Range
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to October
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.