Thompson & Morgan Spinach Perpetual
If your summer spinach is always running to seed before you manage to get a worthwhile crop off it, then Spinach Perpetual is the variety for you because it virtually never runs to seed in its first season, therefore very good on dry ground. Spinach Perpetual is succulent, prolific and very hardy, suitable for autumn and winter crops too.
Sow seeds in early spring and/or autumn very thinly in ordinary garden soil in drills 3cm (1in) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart.
As the seedlings grow, gradually thin out to 23cm (9in) apart.
The thinnings can be trimmed of their roots and cooked. Water freely through the season and harvest by picking a few leaves, snapping them off close to the ground, from several plants rather than completely stripping one. If there are more leaves ready than you can use it is still best to pick them to encourage a steady supply of young green leaves.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to January
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.