Thompson & Morgan Sunflower Maximiliani Early BirdAsk a Question
Sweet chocolate fragrance. Flowers earlier & longer than traditional Helianthus maximiliani. A real stand-out plant in sunny beds and borders.
SOWING INSTRUCTIONS: Sow outdoors where they are to flower. Prepare the ground well and rake to a fine tilth. Sow 20mm (¾in) deep, in rows 30cm (12in) apart. Thin out young plants to 23cm (9in) apart. FOR SPRING FLOWERING: Sow seeds individually in 7.5cm (3in) pots and place on a warm windowsill or in a heated propagator at a temperature of 18-21°C (65-70°F), until after germination which usually takes 20-30 days.
GROWING INSTRUCTIONS: Grow on seedlings in a cold frame and gradually acclimatise plants to cooler conditions for a few weeks before planting out 45-60cm (18-24in) apart, after all risk of frost has passed
Cut down plants in the autumn after flowering. Plants can spread as they will form rhizomatous roots once established.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: Premium Perennials
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: July to September
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 25
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.