Thompson & Morgan Sweet Pea Early Mammoth Mixed
Fleuroselect Novelty 1977. Extra long stems bearing 5-6 large fragrant blossoms. It is earlier than the Spencers and has a superb colour range. Whilst not suited for cordon culture Early Mammoth is excellent for the greenhouse. Flowers summer. Climber.
Sow October indoors, or March to april outdoors. Germinate at 20-30C (68-86F) on the surface of a free draining, damp seed compost, 3 seeds per 7.5cm (3in) pot. Apply a layer of compost 1cm (¬Ωin) deep. Place in a propagator or seal container in a polythene bag until after germination which takes 10-21 days. Spring sowings can be sown outdoors, 2.5cm (1 in) deep in drills 7.5cm (3in) apart.
Overwinter October sown plants in cooler conditions such as a coldframe before planting out in spring when the ground has warmed, 23-3cm (9-12in) apart. Pinch out the growing point once the first or second pair of leaves has opened. Water freely during
Regular removal of spent flowers will encourage further blooms.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: Early Summer
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 25
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.