Thompson & Morgan Sweetcorn Snobaby
A breeding breakthough in 'baby corn' has produced this superb white variety, being much earlier to crop with the most tender and delicious 'baby corns'. Sweetcorn Snobaby is tasty in oriental cooking, casseroles, stir fries, salads or a steamed vegetable.
Sow seeds from mid April to May. Sow seeds 4cm (1¬Ωin) deep in 7.5cm (3in) pots of free draining compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 18-20C (64-68F) until after germination which takes 7-10 days. Do not exclude light, as this helps germination. Seeds can also be sown direct outdoors once the soil has warmed, sow 2 seeds 5cm (2in) deep, 15cm (6in) apart, and in rows 45cm (18in) apart. Thin out to the strongest seedling when well grown.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 7-1 days before planting out after all risk of frost has passed.
Keep well watered, and mulch during dry periods. It is the immature cobs that are harvested, so pick these when the silks first show above the husks.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to October
- No of Seeds: 25
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.