Thompson & Morgan Swiss Chard Fordhook GiantAsk a Question
Enjoy this versatile and increasingly popular vegetable as salad leaves when young, or when more mature, the leaves can be steamed and used like spinach. The broad, white stems can be chopped and cooked like celery or used to add crunch to salads and stir fries.
Sow seed thinly, 1cm (½in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Sow ‘little and often’ for a continuous supply. Cloche later sowings for harvesting into December.
Thin seedlings to 23cm (9in) apart for ‘midi’ plants or 30cm (12in) for mature plants. Thinnings are suitable for using in salads. Water summer sowings regularly to prevent bolting (running to seed). Harvest stems as required, picking only a few from each plant at a time.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: AGM Range
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to November
- No of Seeds: 300
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.