Thompson & Morgan Wild Flower Snakes Head FritallariaAsk a Question
A beautiful hardy bulb with white pendant 1½in (4cm) blooms heavily chequered with pink, plum or purple. Snakes's Head Fritillary can be grown in grass and often self seeds to make delightful colonies of nodding bells.
Sow from autumn to spring in a good seed compost with one-third coarse grit or perlite added. Just cover with compost and then add 6mm (¼in) of chippings or grit. Place outside in a shady spot, open to the weather. Germination can take 1-12 months, Keep the compost moist through the summer, once most have germinated, move to a coldframe or well lit spot in the garden and keep well watered.
Transplant carefully when the bulbs are dormant and grow on for 2-3 seasons before planting out in full sun and well drained soil 1-15cm (4-6in) apart.
They can grow in grass if it isn't cut until the leaves die down.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 25
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.